Make a backup copy because this follwing will change your registry
- Click Start>> Run. Type in: regedit [Enter] or click OK.
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following registry key:
- Single left click the “Desktop” entry to empty its contents in to the right pane.
- Scroll the right pane to locate an entry titled: MenuShowDelay
- Double click MenuShowDelay.
- Change the “value data” number. The default delay value for the start menu is 400. Select a lesser number to speed this process. I’ve got mine set to 0.
- Click OK and exit the Registry Editor